Aiden turned three years old on February 28th. I'll post some pictures this weekend (camera issues on the day of the party has left me without until I get home to steal those my mom and sister-in-law took with their cameras). For now, I just wanted to document some things about my sweet three-year-old-boy...
At three years old, Aiden is...
becoming very independent. A commonly used phrase for him is "I can do it myself!" He wants to pour his own juice, put on his own clothes and wash his own hands among other things.
a great eater most of the time - I'm so lucky he's not too picky. But he also loves his share of junk - chocolate anything and popsicles are among his favorites. Luckily though, he'll turn down almost anything for fruit (bananas, grapes and strawberries mostly).
full of imagination! Not a day goes by that he doesn't say something that makes me laugh. One minute he pretends he's a dinosaur and the next he's a policeman or a "working man" - I think that's a like a construction worker to him.
loves to "read" and be read to. Over and over and over! I love for him to "read" to me - he makes the stories much more interesting :)
is a little obsessive. Each week it seems, he has a new attachment. This week it's his new Wonder Pets book and stuffed "Tuck". Last week it was a new tractor book. The week before that, a Batman action figure. You get the idea... Whatever the item of the week is, he has to have it with him almost at all times - even to sleep. He got an Imaginext Batman Cave for his birthday from Amanda, Chad & Cooper and he asked to sleep with it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, let's just say, it's BIG! Needless to say, he had to settle for something else.
can sing his ABC's and knows most of his letters and sounds. We've been doing flashcards and he loves it. Every night after his bath he asks me if we're going to do his letters. I hope the love of learning sticks around! He can also count to twenty!
can say the blessing for dinner and his bedtime prayers and often reminds us to do so if we forget.
loves to go to Church, although I think it's more about the communion bread at this point :) He will start real Sunday School this Fall and I'm very excited about that for him!
is rough and all boy but can be so sweet sometimes too. He already loves his baby sister Amelia. He hugs my belly and tells her that he loves her. He tells me he's going to be a big helper when she gets here - helping me with feeding and bathing - we'll see about that :) He also loves his family. At random times he will say, "Momma, know what? I love you!" If that doesn't make your heart melt...
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Amelia..Aiden..Amanda, Alecia..ok, seriously, what is it with your family and the A's? Congrats, btw. :)
Post a Comment